So my amazing husband arranged for my three best friends to come up and surprise me for my birthday. They all stayed the night and we went shopping on Saturday and I did some damage ha ha. I went to Ulta, Charming Charlies, and Barnes and Noble. So without further to do here’s what I bought:
1. Boi-ing/Eye Bright by Benefit Cosmetics: I actually grabbed this little guy while I was checking out. You know, where they have all those samples that just beg to be picked up. It’s not fair really. Anyway, I love Benefit’s products so I decided to give this one a try, it was only $12. I tried it yesterday, but I’m still getting used to it before I decide if I like it or not.
2. Soft Matte Lip Creme by NYX: I have been wanting these since I first saw them around Christmas time. I had never tried matte lips before, and I wanted to see how I would like it. The two colors I bought were Antwerp (the pink one) and Amsterdam (the red one). Aren’t those names so cute! So far I have tried Antwerp twice and I’m in love! The color is gorgeous and the pigment is great. I really like the matte finish and it’s not too drying. It doesn’t seem to last long though, especially if your are eating. But, it’s still good I just recommend bringing it with you to touch up throughout the day.
3. Custom Coverage Buffering Brush by Ecotools: I tried this yesterday to put on my liquid foundation, and I wasn’t very impressed. It did a good job blending, but it didn’t seem to pick up very much of the product. I tried other Ecotools brushes before and had no problem with them. So, maybe I just need to work it more to see what works with it. But, so far I wouldn’t recommend it.
4. Esperanza by Kat Von D: So I have been dying to get my hands on this baby! I saw some reviews for it on youtube and people seemed to liked it. When I swatched it in store I was a little disappointed. The shadows didn’t look very pigmented, which surprised me because Kat Von D is known for her good quality products. I went ahead and bought it anyway, because I heard such good things about it. I’m so glad I did, I really like it! You do have to put a few layers on to make the shadow stand out, but it lasts all day and looks really pretty. I’m not used to wearing bright colors any more, but I think I’m going to have to do it more often.
5. Wonder Pencil by NYX: This is a really cool eye pencil. You can use it on you waterline to brighten your eyes, you can line along the outside of your lips with it to make your lips look bigger and lip color cleaner along the edges, and you even use it as a concealer. So far I have only used it on my water line, but love the way it looks. It very brightening, so it makes me look more alert and awake.
6. File When Ready by Ms Manicure: This was another pick up while checking out. It’s just three cute mini nail files that I bought because I needed more. Plus, I think the packaging is really cute!
7. Sunglasses: I bought these cute sunglasses from Charming Charlie. I’m not sure what brand they are, they don’t say so I assume they are by Charming Charlie. I looked for them online but I don’t see them listed, so it may be only an in store product. I really like them and they remind me of Audrey Hepburn when I wear them. Very 50s.
8. Scarlet(The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer: I’m so excited to read this!! I read Cinder last month and absolutly loved it. Talk about great world building. I hopefully I’ll be able to pick this up soon and review it for you guys.
9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: So this book has been on my to read lists for what seems like ages. So when I saw it I finally caved and bought it. I’m looking forward to reading it, I’ve heard so many good things about it. Plus, the cover is beautiful and that always helps, right?
I hope you all enjoyed this, now I’m off to go lay by the pool and spend the rest of my birthday relaxing 🙂 I hope you are all doing great, and tell me if you bought anything special lately or if you would like to see a review on anything I posted.
Have a great day!