It’s almost the end of April, so it’s time to tell y’all what I’ve been loving this month. I know that this isn’t exactly a beauty post, but I love reading these types of things and I thought it would be something fun to do at the end of every month.
1. Wet ‘n Wild polish in Blazed: This is a more mute coral orange color that is perfect for spring. I’ve been sporting this color on my toes and I think they look adorable. It’s a cute color that looks great in the sun, lounging by the pool 😉
2. Therapy Naturals Soy Candle: My mother gave this candle to me for my birthday and the scent is divine! The scent I have is Thai Lemongrass and it smells so fresh. I love to light it as soon as I get home to help me relax and kind of cleanse my house. It’s so light and airy its a perfect balance of smelling good but not being overpowering. Unfortunately, since I got it for my birthday, I’m not sure where she bought it and I can’t find it online.
3. Too Faced A La Mode Palette: I’m completely obsessed with this palette, I’m pretty sure I’ve already mentioned it in two other posts so far. I had been eying this palette for weeks before it came out. I repeatedly went to the Ultra website to just to look at it. I finally was able to get it early this month as a late birthday present. I was worried that after being so excited for it, it would live up to the hype I had built up. But, as soon as I used it for the first time all my worries went away. The colors are beautiful and pigmented, and also very wearable. I’ve a lot of these colors to work.
4. Garnier BB Cream: I have owned this product for probably close to 4 years now. My best friend used to rave about it so I thought I would give it a try. However, I found at the time that it didn’t work for me. I felt that it made me look greasy and slightly orange. So I stuffed away in drawer, afraid to use it again. But, lately I have needed something that was quick and light to wear to work and I thought I would give it another try.
5. BadGal Lash by Benefit: I got this as a sample in a benefit set a while back and never picked it up to try it. I finally ran out of my Tarte Amazonian Clay mascara so I thought I would finally give this on a try, and I must say I really like it. It lengthens your lashes so much that it looks like you are wearing falsies. It can be a bit clumpy though so be careful, and put it on lightly since it also takes a few seconds to dry and will get all over your eye if you don’t let it dry first.
6. The Divergent Soundtrack: I have had this soundtrack on repeat since the movie came out last month. It’s so good and it has a little bit of something for everyone. These pop, rap, and electronic. you should give it a listen if you haven’t already! You can find this on iTunes.
7. Green Juice: So at the beginning of the year the hubby and I decided it was time to start eating healthier and taking better care of ourselves. When we were having trouble sticking to a diet I mentioned that green juices might be a good way to put more healthy foods into our diets without driving us crazy. He liked idea, but I was worried that the juices were going to be really gross because lets be honest they don’t look very appetizing. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised and they taste pretty good, usually they are taste taste sweet and feel more like a treat. We use lots of spinach, ginger, lemons, carrots, and celery.
8. The Originals: As I sit here writing this I’m actually watching an episode, I’m addicted to this show! It’s a spin off series of The Vampire Diaries. I never watched the show, although I did read the first three books, so I’m not exactly sure how this relates to it except it has vampires ha ha. The show is based around the siblings of the original vampire family, who helped build the city of New Orleans. The bother Elisa and sister Rebecca return to the city to take it back from another vampire named Marcus, while also helping a werewolf pregnant with their bother Clause’s baby.It’s currently on the CW on Tuesdays but I’m catching up through Amazon Prime. It was crazy expensive(to us anyway) to but this season but it was definitely worth the money. Even the hubby likes watching it, which says something because he has a short attention span unless he actually enjoys something.
9. Hell’s Kitchen: This is another show that I’m enjoying right now. I have always loved this show and I’m constantly watching reruns of older seasons whenever they are on. I think Gordan Ramsey is hilarious, and I love all of his shows. I’m especially excited this season because there is a girl representing my home state Mississippi.
That’s all for me, what things are y’all loving this month? Let me know in the comments!