Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the broke and the bookish.
Here’s my goals for the new year:
1. Limit Review Copy Requests: this year I discovered the wonderful world of review copies/ARCs. The problem with this was I requested too many and ended up with a large pile of books to review, some I didn’t even enjoy. Next year I will only pick books I really want to read and I will do it one at a time! As hard as that will be (we will see if I am able to stick with this one).
2. Read at Least 30 Books: This was actually my goal this year but just didn’t make it, but there’s always next year right!?
3. Read at least 1 Nonfiction Book: I have a tendency to get stuck ready the same type of book over and over again and not stepping out of my book comfort zone. For cohort as this year, my mom got me Without You, There is No Us. It’s a true Story about living in North Korea and I hope to read it soon and stop reading only fiction books.
4. Review More Books on Blog: I actually read more books this year than I reviewed on here so hopefully next year all the books I read will be reviewed in here.
5. Read More Book Blogs: I love the book blogging community but I find it hard to find time to read blogs between working, writing, life, etc. So I plan on making time so I can get to know more people in this community.
6. Comment More on Favorite Book Blogs: Same as above, I would like to get to know everyone in this community better.
7. Shop More at Local Bookstore: I’ve been getting a lot of Arcs and doing a lot of online books shopping this year, but I really like my local book store I would like to support them better in the coming year.
8. Finish NanoWrimo: Except for this year I have tried to write a novel in a month every year for about 6 years and failed every time. But I’m not giving up, this year will be my year to finish my novel!
9. Actually participate in at Least 1 of the Book Clubs I’m a Member: Im a member of 2 book clubs book I never participate because always too busy reading my own books, but I would like to make it a priority to read the book clubs reads this year and join the discussion.
10. Read Only Books I Enjoy: I read a few books this year only because I felt like I had to and not because I was enjoying them. This year I will not read a book for the sake of a reading a book. I will read it because it makes me happy. 🙂