Top ten Tuesdays are a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks Topic is 10 book relate problems we have, and trust me I have a few!
1. I have a book buying addiction!!! I just can’t help myself, I have tons of unread books at home but when I see a book I want at the bookstore I just have to get it. It’s a serious problem and I should seek help…nah.
2. Not reading the books I buy. Even though I buy lots and lots of books, I don’t tend read them all. I put them on my shelf to read but then I find another and the first one is forgotten. And that has an on going chain effect that never ends.
3. Requesting too many ARCs at once then not reading some of them. I feel like a lot of book bloggers can understand this problem.
4. Picking up a book based on its cover and hen buying it without knowing what it’s about. This has actually led me into reading really good books that I otherwise would not have chose to read if I knew the topics. An example is The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco. Very strange book, it was is was still a good read.
5. Pushing through a book that I’m not liking. This is basically book torture and it makes more sense not to waste my time and just put it down, but instead I suffer through until the end. I don’t know why, do others do this too?
6. Getting upset when someone borrows a book and then returns it in poor condition. It’s just a book, but to me it’s my baby so don’t hurt it!!!
7. Not reading enough non fiction books. I tend to stick with fiction only and not giving good books a chance because they are non fiction.
8. Not reading enough contemporary books, Same problem with the non fiction books, I’m just not interested. But, I know I’m missing out on a lot of excellent books.
9. Reading a book and then putting it down and forgetting it. I do with a lot of good book that I’m enjoying, but I get sidetracked with another book and then I forget about the first one. By the time remember the first book I’m no longer interested in it and so it goes unfinished.
10. Not getting anything done because I just want to read all day. Chore? those can wait. Work? I don’t need money right? Cook? I’ll go hungry it’s ok.
I hope you liked this list or at least found it entertaining. Can you relate to any of these? I would love to know I’m not alone!