Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is our favorite book heroines:
1. Katniss from The Hunger Games: I feel like she is everyone’s favorite, especially with The Hunger Games movies being so big. I love how she saved her sister and she’s clever and strong too. A perfect role model.
2. Tris from Divergent: She is one of my favorite heroines because she is so independent and doesn’t rely on a love interest to help her.
3. Diana from The All Souls Trilogy: Shes smart and a bad ass witch, need I say more? Also she loves history and obsessed with history so feel like we could be besties…
4. Cinder: I love her because she doesn’t let anything get her down and she is willing to do anything for those she loves.
5. Hermione from Harry Potter: She was my all time favorite book character growing up and that still hasn’t changed.
6. Tessa from Clockwork Angel: I don’t know if she exactly counts as a heroine, I love her as a lead female character. Although she has an issue making up her mind about boys. I still thought was strong and willing to fight those who were out to harm those she loved.
7. Scarlett from Gone With the Wind: I feel like she is one of the strongest female characters out there, although to a fault. She fought tooth and nail to better herself through the war and managed to save her home during it all. Her methods may not as be honorable but you can’t say she isn’t tough and willing to do what needs to get done.
8. Gretchen from Prisoner of Night and Fog: She had to risk everything and go against one of the most dangerous men in recent history, Hitler. I thought she was very brave and willing to fight for what’s right.
9. Skeeter from The Help: I love her because she did what she thought was right even though it was very dangerous to do so. She lost friends and boys but in the end she didn’t care. She was smart and independent and found herself realizing her dream in the end.
10. Rose from Vampire Academy: I think my favorite thing about her is her humor. She is so funny! Plus, I love the awesome relationship between her and Lissa. You can really tell she’s a loyal friend, plus she kicks ass and is too brave for her own good.
I know the descriptions of these were vague but I didn’t want to give any spoilers to those who haven’t read the books yet. Who are your favorite heroines?
Like and follow if you enjoyed this and have a great day ❤