Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is our favorite books from the past 5 years.
1. We Were Liars: I just read this last month so was really late to the party on this one! It’s a short book but it packs a huge punch. This is a book that will leave you feeling for days and dying to talk to everyone about it.
2. Yes Please: I love memoirs but I wasn’t a huge Amy Poehler fan before reading this. I just hadn’t watched a lot of her stuff but after reading this I became obsessed with her! This book was funny, motivational. And she’s so down to earth. I devoured this in just a couple days.
3. Clockwork Angel: I read City of Bones wasn’t overly impressed so I was weary of reading another one of Cassandra Clare’s books. But I decided to pick it up anyway because I love steampunk anything and this has a bit of a steampunk vibe. I’m so glad I decided to read this because the series is now one of my all time favorites!
4. A Discovery of Witches: This is the first book in one of my favorite series. The book is fantasy for adults. It’s smart, funny, and very imaginative. plus is focuses heavily on history and historical fiction is my favorite type of book. They are vampires, witches, and even other creature waiting for you in this fun world.
5. Prisoner of Night and Fog: This is the book I’ve been waiting for my whole life. I’m obsessed with WWII and have always wanted a YA book that focused on in that was fictional. And this book did an exception job of doing it. I don’t know of many series that are like this and to make it better the sequel is coming out ion a couple of month!
6. Divergent: Tris is one of my all time favorite characters because she is independent and doesn’t rely on a boy to help her. I think she is a great role model. Plus, I like that this a dystopian book but doesn’t reminded me of the hunger games. i feel like most dystopian books are starting melt together and all sounding the same.
7. The Casquette Girls: This is a really fun book, this is one of those books that you look forward to reading. The characters are fun and it’s set in New Orleans so you know that the characters are going to be unique and interesting. This is based in post Katrina New Orleans so if you lived during the storm and went through it then it will be something you may be able to relate to like I did.
8. The Ludwig Conspiracy: Ever since I visited Neuschwanstein Castle I have been interested with King Ludwig II and is mysterious death. He supposed drowned, but no one believes it. He is considered the fairytale king and is a very interesting character. this book is a fiction mystery based around him and it’s a great page turner.
9. Cinder: This whole series is amazing and i can’t say enough good things about! Cinder is a kick ass girl who is model after Cinderella. But there is a lot of difference in this story that is set far off in the future. It’s lots of fun and you get meet other fairytale like characters in the rest of series.
10. In the Garden of Beasts: This is based on the true story of the American ambassador and his family’s life in pre-WWII Berlin while Hitler was rising to power. It was so fascinating to see the rise of the Nazis, until when the ambassador was forced to leave due to it becoming to dangerous, in the view of outsiders. I learned so much about this time periods that id didn’t know before and this is a must read for history buffs.
This was surprisingly easy, I read so many wonderful books in the recent years. What are some of your favorite books from the past 5 years? let me know in the comments! Don’t forget to like, share, and follow if you’re not already more posts like this.