Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is book from our childhood that we would like to revisit. I was surprised at how difficult this was for considering how much I read as a kid. However, I think most of the problem is that I have a horrible memory. Really, I’m only 25 not 85 I swear! Anyway on to the books:
1. A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle 1): I loved the first two books and I need to read the third still, but I’m currently on Libba Bray’s book The Diviners and loving it!
2. Harry Potter Series- Come on, this has to be on everyone’s list right? This is the book that really got me reading when I was little.
3. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle- It was about pirates and while I don’t remember much about the plot I do know I was obsessed with it and made all my friends read it. So, it must have been pretty amazing.
4. Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile-57 B.C.(The Royal Diaries)- The Royals Diaries were the best, i could probably read the ones I never got to today and love them as a 25 year old. I was obsessed with Cleopatra and Egypt when I was younger. I even had a mummy kit that included removal organs. Are you getting a picture on what kind of child I was? Anyway I loved and reread this book many times and I still love Egypt and Egyptian history.
5. Little House on the Prairie- I read these for the school AR tests but feel in love with them.
6. Bunnicula- This was a hilarious series about a vampire bunny. It was so weird and dark, totally up my alley.
7. Charlotte’s Web- This a sweet book and I totally wanted to named my future child Charlotte even though I hate spiders.
8. Twilight- I know some are going to roll their eyes at this one, but hey it fun and entertaining. And way more cool than the movies.
9. The Vampire Academy Series- I still haven’t finished this series yet so I really need to reread the first few, it’s great by the way!
10. The Princess Diaries- I’m so excited that there is going to be a new book in this series called The Royal Wedding!!!
What are your favorite childhood books or books you would like to reread? Let me know in the comments. Please like, share, and follow if you enjoyed this. Don’t forget you can also follow me on twitter, instagram, and facebook, click the Social Media tab at the top of the page to see them.