Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is books who have characters who _. And I chose characters who lived in historically important eras.
1. A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle 1): Gemma lives during the bustling Victorian era in England.
2. The Diviners: This book follows multiple people through 1920s New york. This was the era when flappers and jazz reigned and it’s a fun look back with occults murders to spice it up.
3. Prisoner of Night and Fog: This is based during the rise of Hitler in Munich before he became chancellor. It’s so good!!
4. Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile-57 B.C.(The Royal Diaries)- This book follows Cleopatra as she grows up. Its a children’s book but still interesting.
5. Becoming Marie Antoinette: This book follows Marie growing up in Austria and learning become queen to be sent France. It’s interesting and is set before the turbulent time of her reign.
6. Madame Tussaud: This follows the Madame Tussaud during the french revolution. It’s a unique perspective and good read.
7. The Book Thief: This book is brilliant and follows a girl and boy who are living in Germany during WWII.
8. Mademoiselle Boleyn: This book follows Anne Boleyn as she grows up in the french court. I loved this book and it’s a part of her life that you don’t hear about often.
9. In the Garden of Beasts- This is based on the true story of the American Ambassador and his family in Berlin while Hitler was rising to power just before WWII.
10. Witchstruck: This follows a witch during Queen Mary’s reign. She must be a maid to princess Elizabeth and also deal with a witch hunter and the witch burnings happening during this time.
What are your favorite stories that have characters in an important era? Let me know in the comments. Please like, share, and follow if you enjoyed this. Don’t forget you can also follow me on twitter, instagram, and facebook, click the Social Media tab at the top of the page to see them.