Lately, I’ve been in a bit of a rut. Health problems, work issues, and other normal life changes have me feeling a little blue. But I recently decided it’s time to stop feeling like a passenger in my life and take the steering wheel. I did this by choosing and doing little things that make me happy. The more happy I am, the motivated I become. If you find yourself in a rut or just needing something new in your life, here are something’s that make me feel better and will hopefully help you too.
1. Learn Something New: Its fun to learn something new and find new hobbies and passions. It’s also a great way to meet new friends who have similar interests as you. For example, take an art class at your local college or find a book club. If your busy and don’t have time go out and do something there are ways to learn at home. Itunes are an awesome app called Itunes U where there are videos of actual classes from real universities all over the world, including universities such as Harvard and Princeton.
2. Get Outside: Now that spring and soon summer is upon us, now is the perfect time to go outside and get some vitamin D. It’s medically proven that the sun makes you feel better. So go for a walk or play a game of tennis or swim in the pool. Just make sure to use plenty of sunscreen, THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT!
3. Hobbies: Having something to focus your attention on and look forward to is an amazing feeling. Take up Knitting or paint by numbers. It doesn’t have to be anything complicated, just something fun that you will enjoying doing in your spare time. Get creative and use your imagination to create something unique to you and is something that can make you feel accomplished outside of work or school.
5. Put Out Positive Energy: This is a small, but important step in loving a happy, fulfilled life. When you put positivity out into the world. it will give it right back to you. Smile at strangers you pass in the streets, help someone see needs it, pay it forward. And usually you will see more people are willing to help you in return.
6. Travel: This is admittedly my favorite thing that brings true joy into my life. I’m always saving money to go on trips. You don’t have to far or spend lots of money, Just go a few hours away and take a weekend trip somewhere you’ve never been before. A change of scenery or culture can really help you see things in a different light.
7. Be Lazy: I actually got this idea from Nikki Phillippi. So many of us are dealing with a fast paced world. Now everyone from school to work expects you to be accessible at all times of the day and constantly working on something. Technology can be a good thing, but it can also be a source of stress. If you notice yourself constantly check your emails or working at at all hours of the day. Take a moment to sit back and just unwind. That doesn’t mean you have to sit in quiet and stare off into space, unless you want to do that. But, you can watch a trashy reality show, watch Youtube videos, or read blogs. What ever helps you relax and not have to be so focused and serious. Take a pamper night and indulge a little bit and only focus on yourself.
I hope this helped you and gave you some interesting ideas to help you find happiness if you’re struggling right now. Life always has it’s ups and downs, but remember life can always be fun and there are so many things you can do love and enjoy your time. Tell me some of your favorites things you love to do when you are having a hard time, I would love to see your ideas! If you found this helpful, please like, share, and follow to keep update with future posts!